General

Tell us what you need.
Start with a short label and then a fuller description. See if you can include a ‘user story’ as the first line of the description. A user story is about clearly telling is who you are, what you want and why you need it. Example: “As an author, I want to edit my review on my tablet so I can finish it faster.”

Note that there are dedicated sections for Archie, CRS, RevMan, etc (listed under Give Feedback on the right). Please use the dedicated section when possible. But if in doubt, don’t worry, just use General, and we’ll move it as needed.

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Request dates in the declaration of interest form

Conflicts of interest often only need to be declared if they have occurred in the past 36 months. When authors complete the declaration of interest form, they are only asked if they have ever received funding/spoken for/ etc. from potential conflicted sources. There is no request for the date which these events occurred, which means the editorial bases have to follow up and enquire. It would help if the date was captured.

Could the title of the last column of the declaration of interest form be renamed to "Comments/date of event" or a specific field be added to capture the…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    • Simplified form for Consumer comments

As a managing editor, I will like to send a simplified form (using a simple interface like the one on the EMBASE screening) with the key element of PLEACS to gather quick and easily consumer input on reviews PLS. The format should show the PLS and provide hyper link access to a friendly format of the review (HTML or PDF). The questions to ask could be extracted from a form like the attached, and should provide a simplified output that could be integrated to other editorial comments.

8 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • sso
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      • Inclusion of infographics and other images to convey results

We can try our best to write understandable PLS and translate Cochrane content to a number of non-English languages but imagery has the power to go much further than this and transcend many, if not all, of the problems inherent to written language. It would be great if the multitude of numerical results presented in a review could be condensed into an intuitive pictorial representation. Further steps could be to automate part or all of the creation process and to even make them interactive as in http://www.informationisbeautiful.net/visualizations/snake-oil-superfoods/. Another alternative is to enable the inclusion of photographs in such cases…

38 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • sso
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon