I suggest you ...

Simplified form for Consumer comments

As a managing editor, I will like to send a simplified form (using a simple interface like the one on the EMBASE screening) with the key element of PLEACS to gather quick and easily consumer input on reviews PLS. The format should show the PLS and provide hyper link access to a friendly format of the review (HTML or PDF). The questions to ask could be extracted from a form like the attached, and should provide a simplified output that could be integrated to other editorial comments.

8 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Jordi Pardo Pardo shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

How to vote against?

The form discourages reasoned comments by providing space for these only in a general space, and then gets worse by limiting other comments to 3-5 sentences. An awful idea.

• Jordi Pardo Pardo commented  · 

The way I see it, that will be an integral part of the peer-review system, and it will happen before the review gets published. From Anne's comment, I think we should offer an option to do print and submit later too.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I am not clear exactly how this will work - will consumers be notified when there is a new PLS or do you want comments on any that are on the site? I personally like to have the document I am reviewing on paper so I can scribble thoughts/ideas and then go back and check to see if i read it corruptly or missed things and compare my thoughts with the questions asked on the feedback form.
        I wonder about access to library computers - sounds good but they are rarely available here unless you wait in line. There is also the inconvenience (and associated cost) of going to the library and parking.
        I may be missing the whole thing here and as I am still on a BB (I know, I know but haven't had time to switch and most smartphones don't work with my hands) so can't do things on it.
        Hopefully someone else has some thoughts - but not sure I'll be able to access as still ( don't roll your eyes Tamara!!!) not on Facebook or twitter.

Feedback and Knowledge Base