I suggest you ...

Clearly state when a protocol is not published on the Cochrane Library (so readers aren't wondering if they just can't see it)

Having wasted time looking in the Cochrane Library for the published protocol of a review, I was told that a small minority or reviews have the published protocol missing under the 'Other Versions' tab. (This is because the previous publisher, Update Software, did not supply Wiley with the protocol at the time of registration of original content.)

I suggest you add a line under ‘Other versions’ just to say: “There is no online version of the protocol available. Please contact ???? or the Cochrane Skin Group if you wish to view a copy." OR source the original published protocol and add it under 'Other versions'.

9 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Laura E Prescott shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Karin L Dearness commented  · 

Could there be a work around like:
        1. A message which says "This protocol is not held in Cochrane Library, please contact the CRG for a copy of this protocol", or
        2. Allow a PDF of the protocol to be uploaded and/or linked to? Not sure what the licensing agreements include but if Wiley now own the rights to the content, the CRG could produce a PDF for uploading. This would be ideal, particularly if there are a small number of titles effected.

Feedback and Knowledge Base