Archie

Please note that we are only expecting to make a few improvements to Archie for the moment. Our resources need to be focussed on advancing other critical projects, such as RevMan. Your suggestions are still very welcome and will be collected, but they are not likely to be implemented in the immediate future.

Tell us what you need.
Start with a short label and then a fuller description. If you can, try to include a ‘user story’ as the first line of the description. A user story is about clearly telling is who you are, what you want and why you need it.
Example: “As an author, I want to edit my review on my tablet, so I can finish it faster.”

How can we improve Archie?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Deactivate Archie accounts for inactive authors

An account of an author that is not longer linked with any reviews or entities, with the role Author mark as inactive, should make the Archie account inactive as well as it makes no sense to have an active Archie account if you are not an Active Contributor (who needs an Archie account) to a CRG.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    • Onscreen help with login problems

As a user having problems logging in, I want helpful suggestions to appear straight away, so that I don't have to spend time asking for help.

Once a user has failed to login once, text explaining the most common problems should automatically appear.

7 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • sso
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
      • Login with 3rd party accounts (Google, LinkedIn, ResearchGate, etc.)

The ability to "Login with..." and use authentication from other services...

3 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • sso
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

We are not certain whether we want to stick with our current central Cochrane login model (using Archie’s OAuth), or to also allow for OpenID logins or others.

To move ahead we would need proper analysis of the pros and cons, including security and risk of duplicate/fake accounts. This work is not currently scheduled.

Meanwhile, further votes and comments are most welcome.

• Consumer access to Archie

Without access to Archie, consumers are unable to fully participate in Cochrane:
          - they are unable to vote in elections (CCnet and CSG),
          - they are unable to access any resources on the Community website,
          - Cochrane is unable to track usage of training resources in the same way as the training.cochrane.org/authors,
          - CRGs and CCNet are unable to add the role consumer referee for review documents and are therefore unable to track consumer participation in Cochrane.

Issue 1:
          Consumers are unable to login. I do not understand why the password reset is not clear, but I have provided directions…

3 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • sso
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon