Archie

Due to other priorities, we are not expecting to make major changes to Archie based on user input in the near future. Future directions for Archie are under review. Therefore, this space is closed until further notice.

How can we improve Archie?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      0 comments  ·  Workflows  ·  Admin →
    • Field roles

Fields have recently been granted the power to take an increased role in review production, supported by review groups. As a Field Director, I do not currently have access to resources available to Managing Editors, which would be helpful to me as we at our Field learn about the review production process. It would be helpful if we could assign the role of Managing Editor to Field staff in Archie so that we are eligible to join ME-related discussions.

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • sso
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
      • Permanently tick Notify the manager when task is complete when sending

At the moment when sending workflow task emails with ticket links you first have to open the task and tick the "Notify the manager when task is complete" option under the Email tab before you send the email. It would save this step if we had the option to have this box permanently ticked in the same way as the "Notify the manager if task becomes overdue" is permanently ticked. Another possibility would be to include this option in the Edit Notifications in a person's property sheet.

1 vote
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • sso
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          1 comment  ·  Workflows  ·  Admin →

Thanks, can you clarify how often you need this, and the story behind needing it? Are most task that involve tickets not immediately followed by a task for the Manager or Editorial Base (so you get notification when your own task becomes active)?

• Prompt to switch a review back to authoring mode upon check-in

Here at the editorial base, we often forget to switch a review from editorial to authoring mode so the authors can implement changes. We propose that a pop-up appear upon checking in a review to ask editorial base staff if they would like to switch a review back to authoring mode.

1 vote
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • sso
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            0 comments  ·  Reviews  ·  Admin →

Would you like that message to appear every time a review in Editorial phase is checked in – or can you think of special conditions under which the message should appear?

• I want to be able to schedule search updates in the workflows

As a TSC, when I have completed the task 'perform literature search' for a new review, or 'update literature searches' for a review update,I would like to be able to schedule the next search to appear as a task in my organiser. I would like to be a be able to select a time period (e.g 6 months, 12 months) for when the next search should be performed. As searches are usually performed multiple times in the lifecycle of a review or review update, being able to schedule these searches in the workflows would remove the need to keep alternative,…

11 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • sso
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              Unclear  ·  UXG Administrator responded

Would you like to have:
              a) predefined tasks in the workflow templates where you could make changes to the dates? or
              b) to be able to insert the tasks manually in the individual workflows?

• Ticket system - copying comments

As a TSC I would find it helpful to be able to copy my comments to my ME when using the ticket system

1 vote
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • sso
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                0 comments  ·  Workflows  ·  Admin →
              • Select more than one person for the CC field in task email templates

Currently, only when instantiating a task email, you can choose to CC more than one person.

6 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • sso
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

There have been multiple requests related to CCing task emails over the years.

To be able to prioritise this, we need a clearer picture of exactly when this is needed.

As I wrote on a related idea: “I have major concerns about CC’ing ticket emails: sharing a ticket means we lose track of who actually completed a task. (It’s fine for information emails of course.)”

See also: http://ideas.cochrane.org/forums/252906-archie/suggestions/5951680-emailing-all-review-authors-when-sending-a-task-em

Voted “Important” by ADAC, Case Number: 117837."

Archie

Feedback and Knowledge Base