How can we improve Archie?

Permanently tick Notify the manager when task is complete when sending

At the moment when sending workflow task emails with ticket links you first have to open the task and tick the "Notify the manager when task is complete" option under the Email tab before you send the email. It would save this step if we had the option to have this box permanently ticked in the same way as the "Notify the manager if task becomes overdue" is permanently ticked. Another possibility would be to include this option in the Edit Notifications in a person's property sheet.

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Fiona A RussellFiona A Russell shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    Unclear  ·  Jacob RiisAdminJacob Riis (UX Lead, Cochrane) responded  · 

Thanks, can you clarify how often you need this, and the story behind needing it? Are most task that involve tickets not immediately followed by a task for the Manager or Editorial Base (so you get notification when your own task becomes active)?

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anna ErskineAnna Erskine commented  · 

As an ME, this would be helpful. To respond to JR - the next task is not always for us (we may have inserted something else in between, for example) and I always find it useful to use the notification email and forward it to the author to say thank you. This way I can easily acknowledge receipt and let them know the next steps. We always use the 'notify manager when task complete' function, so would save some time if it was permanently checked.

Feedback and Knowledge Base