How can we improve Archie?

Time-sensitive alerts and reports

As a Managing Editor, I would find it immensely helpful if Archie could alert me when a task or milestone has taken a certain amount of time and has not been completed. For example, for Milestone A it would be great if Archie could tell me when it has been 6 months since the title was registered and a first draft hasn't been submitted. For peer review, it would be useful to know when the process for identifying PRs and receiving their feedback has exceeded 3 months (ie from the start of Milestone C).

At the moment, for example, it is possible to insert a parallel task for me to check author progress before the Contact Person's task to 'Submit for editorial approval', and then a pause inserted before my task. I might set the pause to last 3 months. However, on the occasion that a protocol is submitted BEFORE this date, the active task then becomes 'pause' for another 3 months. Of course, I can move this along manually when I receive notification of the author's completed task, but if I forget, this can add unacceptable delays).

It would be great if Archie could send me alerts like this to avoid too much reliance on me remembering to check progress, or manually checking the history of a particular stage, or risking me forgetting to move the workflow along.

Since we have all the information available in the database, it would be great to use it to our advantage. It would help enormously with efficiently managing workflow and monitoring certain metrics such as how long it normally takes to complete a first draft or peer review.

Happy to help explain further if this doesn't make much sense.

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service