How can we improve Archie?

Notification about changes to reviews used in derivative products

Derivative products based on Cochrane reviews need to be monitored to check that they are still accurate when reviews are updated and with the increasing number of products we need a system to alert key individuals when such reviews are updated and what product they feature in.

16 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Chris ChampionChris Champion shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    Started  ·  Jacob RiisAdminJacob Riis (UX Lead, Cochrane) responded  · 

Archie 4.10 supports recording derivative products and linking them to reviews. We now need to build the Notification component.

UxG: High priority – schedule for mid-2014

Further specification needed- IKMD to lead.

Need to separate DPs that need to be updated, vs those where it may be relevant to know that an update exists.

(Voted “Important” by ADAC, Case Number: 126399.)

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Muriah UmoquitMuriah Umoquit commented  · 

Related to this, I would like to see a way in Archie to set up publication notifications for just certain DOIs. Right now the settings are turned on so I get an email when every single review is published but there are only certain reviews I’m interested in.

• John HiltonJohn Hilton commented  · 

More generally the knowledge of which version of a review links to which derivative and associated content underpins both the desire to ensure derivatives are up to date where necessary and also the ability to gather metrics on usage, dissemination and impact for a given review version.

• Lorne A BeckerLorne A Becker commented  · 

It would clearly be very useful for derivative products, but I can think of additional stories for potential use by Cochrane contributors or by others.

1 - Contributor story - as webmaster for a Cochrane Methods Group, I'd like to know if there have been changes to the list of relevant Cochrane reviews that I maintain on our website - e.g - http://cmimg.cochrane.org/cochrane-overviews-and-overview-protocols so that none of my links point to old versions.

2 - Non-Cochrane story - as a developer of a guideline that references one or more Cochrane reviews, I'd like to be able to check periodically to see which reviews have changed (and I'd be especially interested in changes that result in changed conclusions in the review or in the addition of new trials or trial data.

I'm envisioning each story to involve a bespoke list of a specific set of Cochrane reviews (that might change from time to time - e.g. when I add a new Overview to our web page)

Feedback and Knowledge Base