How can we improve Archie?

Emailing ALL review authors when sending a task email

An 'Email all Authors' in the "cc" field when sending task emails to the Contact person in the workflow.

From Comments:
Often the Contact Person is not the one who does the actual work, so it can be pointless to just email the Contact Person.
If all authors are automatically cc'ed into task emails, the task will be completed by someone. I think it is good practice to keep the whole team informed as to where the review is at any given stage, and this is one way to achieve that.

9 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Sally Bell-SyerSally Bell-Syer shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    declined  ·  Jacob RiisAdminJacob Riis (UX Lead, Cochrane) responded  · 

This is already possible by pre-specifying in in the email template (using the CC Role option), but not on an ad-hoc basis.

However, this usage is problematic for ticket emails, since the ticket link bypasses the login, and anybody who uses it will be acting in the assignee’s name.

There are two ways of potentially supporting this:
    A. modify the ticket system to allow recording of who actually completed the task.
    B. Change basic task assignment principles so a task can be assigned to a group of people.

I do not see either as a priority. If you disagree with my decision, do please comment, and argue for your preferred solution.

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Liz DooleyLiz Dooley commented  · 

Both.
        Often the Contact Person is not the one who does the actual work, so it would be pointless to just email the Contact Person.
        If all authors are automatically cc'ed into task emails, the task will be completed by someone. I think it is good practice to keep the whole team informed as to where the review is at any given stage, and this is one way to achieve that.

• Liz DooleyLiz Dooley commented  · 

Thanks Jacob,
        But we want to use ticket emails so authors can complete their check in and attach comments to the ticket, and it is all recorded in the workflows. It is my assumption that if you use information tickets, this is not possible. I may have misunderstood that and maybe we can discuss this item in Hyderabad?

Feedback and Knowledge Base