How can we improve review editing?

Make it easier to see who is responsible for a tracked change.

As an author and an editor I would like to distinguish who made the revisions tracked in the current version of the review at a glance. This would help any contributor check revisions just added by a co-author or colleague, without having to go through the whole document using the accept or reject changes function (which is laborious) or cross-checking with a pdf comparison document. I would like as a Managing Editor, to know that authors could easily identify and approve any recent changes I have made in a version of the review that already has tracked changes. At the moment crude highlighting is sometimes the only option to bring these to authors' attention. An author suggestion was different colour text for changes by different users.
The ability to see changes made after a specific date or in a specific version would also be useful as the comparison function has limitations.

A related point is that names associated with the tracked change (in rollover text) would ideally come from the log-in and not from user preference settings, which have not always been completed.

6 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Ruth Brassington shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
Open for voting  ·  AdminJacob Riis (UX Lead, Cochrane) responded  · 

Quick value score 2

Pros: +2 High value; +1 Obvious link to target (1.3 Efficient production)
Cons: -1 Hard to do

RevMan Web will definitely always use the name of the person, without relying the user inputting it.

It is still uncertain whether we will be able to fully deliver an ‘at a glance’ view of who edited what in the 1st generation of RevMan web.

0 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...

Feedback and Knowledge Base