RevMan

Please note:
We are currently rebuilding RevMan as ‘RevMan Web’. It is still important that you share your ideas, but please know that they will not be implemented in the near future.
Approved ideas that we can include in the first generation of RevMan Web will be tagged as ‘Planned’. Ideas that we cannot implement until the second generation will be tagged as ‘Planned – long term’.

Tell us what you need.
Start with a short label and then a fuller description. See if you can include a ‘user story’ as the first line of the description. A user story is about clearly telling is who you are, what you want and why you need it.
Example: “As an author, I want to edit my review on my tablet so I can finish it faster.”

How can we improve review editing?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. including the sensitivity analysis in future version would be a useful feature for researchers

including the sensitivity analysis in future version would be a useful feature for researchers

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    • Zero-cell correction.

"16.9.2 Studies with zero-cell counts" says: "For studies where no events were observed in one or both arms, these computations often involve dividing by a zero count, which yields a computational error. Most meta-analytical software (including RevMan) automatically check for problematic zero counts, and add a fixed value (typically 0.5) to all cells of study results tables where the problems occur."
      When one group have no event, this is corrected. However, when two groups have no event, this is not corrected. Could you amend this problem?

2 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • sso
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
      • Sensitivity analysis allowing for inclusion of data from Excluded studies

Dear IMS Team,
        I am updating a review where we want to make a sensitivity analysis where we include some studies that were originally excluded (I.e. to see if a more broad approach of study inclusion will influence our results). Unfortunately it seem that RevMan only allows for the inclusion of INCLUDED studies in forest plots. So since the studies are EXCLUDED we cannot include them in our analysis. We have decided just to report the data in the text, but it would be nice if RevMan would allow for inclusion of other studies than the INCLUDED studies.

4 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • sso
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
        • Footnote for other data table

I would like to be able to create a footnote in the "other data" tables within data and analyses. Footnotes are easily done in the other types of analyses so hopefully it wouldn't be too difficult to add this feature to the other data type.

2 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • sso
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
          • Highlighting each line in data&analysis where mouse is

When reviews have multiple sub-groups, it makes sense to copy and paste the log RR and SE values (for example). In large reviews it would be helpful to have a line "highlight" so you can be sure you are entering the correct numbers next to the correct study.

1 vote
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • sso
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
            • Facility for keeping unpublished sensitivity analyses in review

By being able to mark comparisons as drafts that could be considered for publication in a future version of a review. Changes review structure.

10 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • sso
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

Agreed by RAC/IKMD. Case number 67177.
                Comments: MECIR: Conduct 72; Reporting 85 (Multiple subgroup analyses and sensitivity analyses).
                TRAINING: Could be useful for responding to queries during editing, long-term recording of the analyses conducted, as well as updates. Could also be used as a place to store forest plots with only one study, which we don’t currently recommend are published.
                Karin D: This could also have the added bonus of reducing the number of figures if the sensitivity analyses are stored elsewhere

• Asymmetric scales would be useful for the forest plots

Currently, RevMan Forest plot scale can be expanded and narrowed, but the middle of the Forest plot remains at 1.00
                However, if there is consistent benefit or harm, then the data points are located (mainly) on one side of the null effect. In such case, the symmetric scale for the Forest plot leads to non-optimal use of space and a somewhat silly looking figure.
                I suggest that the scale would be made flexible so that both the low and high end of the scale could be independently decided.

2 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • sso
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                • Summary results for other data tables

Fields to enter summary results for subgroups and outcomes for other data tables. Changes review structure.

4 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • sso
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                  • Better support for removing unwanted columns for other data tables

Currently, you can only control the total number of columns.

For internal use: case 66588

4 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • sso
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      Planned  ·  UXG Administrator responded

Agreed by RAC/IKMD. Case number 66588.Comments: TRAINING: Would be useful and easier for authors if these tables behaved a bit more like other tables (e.g. being able to delete a specific column rather than just the last one, enter additional rows for one study but not the others, etc.)

• Enable simultaneous calculation of SD and combination of subgroups in calculator

It would be more efficient and less open to transcription error if the popup calculator for combining subgroups could also convert CIs or P values into SDs for each subgroup before combining them, assuming there's an efficient way to set up the calculators to allow this. It's not clear how often this would be useful, so it may not be a high priority.

4 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • sso
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

Agreed by RAC/IKMD. Case number 121419.Comments: Georgia: I don’t know how easy it is to program but would be useful and have come up to a few cases I needed to do it.

• Save all data entered into Calculator

Save all data manually entered into the calculator. Currenty the fields in the calculator are calculated based on the key numbers from the outcome table. These numbers should be recalculated by the values originally entered by the user every time it is opened. Se also case 114290. Changes review structure.

6 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • sso
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                        • Sorting direction (ascending/descending) of funnel plots should be saved to file

On a forest plot you can choose if you want to sort it in ascending or descending order, but if you save the review and open it again, the order is always reset to ascending. Changes review structure.

3 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • sso
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

Agreed by RAC/IKMD. Case number 46312.Comments: TRAINING: Low priority for authors playing around, but if they’re trying to set the way the forest plot appears in publication, this problem could be worth fixing?Toby and Jessica: Reconsider for 7.0, if short time to program then may consider for 6.0

• Allow missing number of participants for GIV outcome type

For generic inverse-variance outcomes, when the user has opted to enter sample sizes for experimental and control groups, allow a non-numeric entry (e.g. "." or "n/a") for any studies that do not provide this information. Changes review structure. See case 122018, case 101510.

3 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • sso
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

Agreed by RAC/IKMD. Case number 81943.Comments: If you apply the GIV method for meta-analysis, one can also enter the number of patients in each intervention group. If one uses the GIV method for cross-over studies, then thereŠ—Ès only one Group of people who receive both interventions in random order. In that case one should be able to enter only one number for the number of patients (now you have to provide 2 numbers (that are the same) which gives the impression that you will have twice as much patients). This would not be the default but to have the option to use one or two columns. See case 101510, case 81943.

• Calculated data based on several groups should be saved

The calculator doesn't save the data when you try to combine 2 separate means to get the value for the control group. Instead it correctly calculates it and puts in the combined value in the main table. Then when you try to open the calculator again, the data you entered has vanished. Changes review structure. See case 121834.

5 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • sso
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

Agreed by RAC/IKMD. Case number 114290.Comments: TRAINING: Important for recording actual calculation steps and editing later if necessary.

• Combining identical footnotes in forest plots (and byline)

For example, if multiple studies have two intervention groups ("High dose" or "Low dose"), it would be better if identical footnotes were combined, so that #1 could identify all "High dose" groups. Should also work for when authors have identical footnotes.

3 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • sso
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                • Data source field

Include a field for data source. This could be included in study details overview tab, with an additional field for authors to indicate where data had come from. Does not necessarily need to be rendered in html. Changes review structure. See case 122031.

3 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • sso
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

Agreed by RAC/IKMD. Case number 121886.Comments: MECIR: Reporting 71. TL: See comment regarding case 122031. RM: We have a data source field/pick list already.TRAINING: See comment regarding 122031

• Move list of outcomes

Move (and reconsider) the section 'Types of outcome measures'. One suggestion is to place it under Objectives. Ideally, the list of outcomes of interest should be explicitly coded into the review structure, rather than left as a free-text box. Changes review structure.

5 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • sso
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

Agreed by RAC/IKMD. Case number 121945.Comments: TL: This would help to clarify confusion over the perception that availability of outcomes is a default criterion for including a study in a review.TRAINING: Definitely agree – current Handbook recommendation is that outcomes should not usually be part of the eligibility criteria, so I would definitely suggest moving, e.g. later in the methods. Would still need a place to list any outcomes that ARE part of the eligiblity criteria. Linking listed outcomes to review results would help with sematic web coolness, and also help remind authors that they need to report against stuff they said they would.Georgia: it would be also crucial for the creation of the study/comparison/outcome map that CMIMG suggested (and also useful for judging the outcome reporting bias sometimes. Sheila: agree if could be hard wired in (along with or under comparisons) could they become…

• Network of Comparisons per outcome

Enable authors to generate a visual graphic highlighting each treatment being compared in their review. Each node would be a treatment, each line at least one RCT with numbers corresponding to the number of RCTs. Designated as high priority by CMIMG. See case 100623.

5 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • sso
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

Agreed by RAC/IKMD. Case number 122010.Comments: MECIR: Reporting 69, 70. RAC: Send back to CMIMG for proposals.

• Allow only one column of number of patients for GIV method

If you apply the GIV method for meta-analysis, one can also enter the number of patients in each intervention group. If one uses the GIV method for cross-over studies, then thereŠ—Ès only one Group of people who receive both interventions in random order. In that case one should be able to enter only one number for the number of patients (now you have to provide 2 numbers (that are the same) which gives the impression that you will have twice as much patients). This would not be the default but to have the option to use one or two columns.…

5 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • sso
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

Agreed by RAC/IKMD. Case number 122018.Comments: MECIR: Reporting 70.TRAINING: Agreed – this is currently confusing for authors.

• Option not to publish a Forest plot

To have the function to choose not to publish a Forest plot. This should be by adding a checkbox on the properties dialog of the forest plot in the outcome. A visible change should be made in the outline view to the right (graying out icon & text). Changes review structure. This function has been approved by the RAC.

3 votes
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • sso
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

Agreed by RAC/IKMD. Case number 124423.Comments: At the RAC meeting on 7th December 2012, David Hives asked Sergey Tyrnov if it would be possible for Wiley to develop the ability to NOT publish selected Forest Plots, if the RevMan file could indicate which ones are NOT to be published. For both PDF and Online versions.Sergey replied that it would be possible and asked to be sent for more details when they were available.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base