RevMan

Please note:
We are currently rebuilding RevMan as ‘RevMan Web’. It is still important that you share your ideas, but please know that they will not be implemented in the near future.
Approved ideas that we can include in the first generation of RevMan Web will be tagged as ‘Planned’. Ideas that we cannot implement until the second generation will be tagged as ‘Planned – long term’.

Tell us what you need.
Start with a short label and then a fuller description. See if you can include a ‘user story’ as the first line of the description. A user story is about clearly telling is who you are, what you want and why you need it.
Example: “As an author, I want to edit my review on my tablet so I can finish it faster.”

How can we improve review editing?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Include ROBINS assessment criteria for non-randomised studies

For intervention reviews, please allow a choice for the author to choose to deactivate existing RoB assessments and active ROBINS-2 assessment criteria for non-randomised studies.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      0 comments  ·  Tables  ·  Admin →
    • Formatting in tables

As a review author, I want to be able to present complex information in tables and figures. Availability of colour font and fill colours would greatly assist with this. RevMan recognition of symbols pasted from Office documents would also be extremely useful.

2 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • sso
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

Quick value score 0

Pros: +1 High value;
        Cons: -1 Hard to do – requires agreement on what we want to publish; change to review format; and coordination with publisher.

Recognition of symbols from Word is a separate issue, RevMan 5 does generally allow this, but may not work for some Symbol fonts. We expect RevMan Web to handle pasting from Word very well.

• Set up table to be printed in landscape

The user should be able to mark a wide table to be printed/shown in landscape when the review is converted to PDF in The Cochrane Library. Changes review structure.

7 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • sso
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

Agreed by RAC/IKMD. Case number 120610.
          Comments: TL: I like this idea.
          RM: Perhaps, but PDF generation code should be able to detect this automatically.
          TRAINING: See comments above – depends on accurately predicting publication format.
          Bernd: RevMan is our interface to the authors and should be as good as possible. Currently authors do not have adequate control of how their review will look like (prepub pdf helps somewhat but breaks down with larger reviews). The current table functionality drives authors crazy and the result is a very unprofessional look of tables in the Cochrane Library pdf-version even after CRG copy editing because we don’t have control as well.

• Show warning for empty rows in Risk of Bias tables

It would be good if it brought up a warning when running the Validation report. See case 71560.

4 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • sso
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

Agreed by RAC/IKMD. Case number 119534.Comments: TL: Agree. Rasmus: Only if we have a ‘not applicable’ option, see 71560. If this is selected there should not be a warining. Training: Agree – authors often leave blank rows when they shouldn’t, so a warning would be helpful to get this addressed before it gets to editing. Agree that the ‘not applicable’ option would identify those authors doing this on purpose. Bernd: As this is easily visible in the risk of bias figures presubmission checklists should cover for that.

• Move additional table to appendix function

In order to assist with moving search strategies stored in additional tables to appendices.

3 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • sso
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

Agreed by RAC/IKMD. Case number 26759.Comments: Bernd: Would add functionality since currently you just can move an additional table to the SoF tables (which does not seem to make too much sense). Sheila: In the days before appendices were available TSCs put long search strategies into Additional tables – now that appendices are available it would be great to be able to move these to the appendices

• Risk of bias judgement should have 'Not applicable' option

Currently achieved by a combination of 'Unclear' judgement and leaving the description field empty. Changes review structure. See case 122030, case 119534, case 59251.

5 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • sso
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

Agreed by RAC/IKMD. Case number 71560.Comments: TL: See submission from BMG in relation to ROB.TRAINING: Yes please! But of course to be considered in context of bigger update to RoB.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base