RevMan

Please note:
We are currently rebuilding RevMan as ‘RevMan Web’. It is still important that you share your ideas, but please know that they will not be implemented in the near future.
Approved ideas that we can include in the first generation of RevMan Web will be tagged as ‘Planned’. Ideas that we cannot implement until the second generation will be tagged as ‘Planned – long term’.

Tell us what you need.
Start with a short label and then a fuller description. See if you can include a ‘user story’ as the first line of the description. A user story is about clearly telling is who you are, what you want and why you need it.
Example: “As an author, I want to edit my review on my tablet so I can finish it faster.”

How can we improve review editing?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Find and replace could take into account format of text

I sometimes use formatting in the characteristics tables to make the text clearer - eg the word "Intervention" might be in bold. If I want to make global edits to bold text the replacement text is not bold. I then have to go through and bold it again which is time-consuming. Is it possible for find and replace to take into account the formatting of the text that is replaced.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    • Compare protocol with draft review in RevMan

As an author, I would like to be able to generate a comparison of my protocol and draft review before submission, to ensure I have followed the methods as specified and noted any changes under 'Differences between the protocol and the review'.

As an Editor, I would like authors to be prompted to look at a comparison of the protocol and draft review before submission, so that these errors can be found before submission and the length of time spent by editors checking the comparison can be reduced (e.g. but including a link to an automatically generated comparison in the…

3 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • sso
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
      • Display study IDs in study centric view

When using Study centric view, any study level IDs are not displayed, which makes it less useful

2 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • sso
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
        • I would like to use the edit/insert analysis results when I have no totals.

When I have one trial I don't want to have totals on the forest plot but then I cannot use the edit/insert analysis results feature. So I have to put totals on in order to edit or check the text but then I have to remember to take the totals off for publication. It creates work and is a potential source of error. When I have no totals because of heterogeneity it would be good to be able to insert the individual trial results in the text.

1 vote
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • sso
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
          • Provide a means of increasing the font size of the text on the screen

It is often difficult (even with a large screen) to read the text in RevMan. I can increase the size of the font in Word and would like this function in RevMan. The current font size gives me headaches!

2 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • sso
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

In RevMan 5, you can increase the font size in the main text panel, using:
              Tools > Preferences: Interface, Style Sheet

In RevMan web, you can simply use the browser’s zoom to scale everything.

• Visibility of calculator tool in DTA reviews

Review authors are encouraged to re-express summary estimates from meta-analyses in measures that are more accessible to readers/users of a review (Chapter 11 of the DTA handbook). One suggestion is to express the results in normalised frequencies and a quick and easy way to do so is to use the calculator in RevMan. Currently the only way to access the calculator is via 'data and analyses'. A suggestion is to make the calculator easier to find by allowing an alternative route to it such as via the tools menu.

1 vote
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • sso
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
              • Some structure suitable to present qualitative findings

There are little options to present qualitative findings in the current RevMan structure. Currently, we present our findings (figures and tables) from qualitative research in the additional table or discussion section; the table editor allows for textual summaries. Figures and tables can be uploaded but often appear in an annex. It would be helpful if these would appear and be fully integrated in the results section.

6 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • sso
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

Agreed by RAC/IKMD. Case number 122025.Comments: Toby: We need to await the full proprosal from the QRMG before we can really prioritize this. Refer to MARS for guidance for policy decision? Georgia: I agree

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base