How can we improve the methods, standards and guidance that apply to review content?

Searchable resources of common errors, guidance and training resources

Primary user story:
As a Cochrane author or editor with a question, I want to be able to find all the resources relevant to my question with a single search (training, standards, Handbook guidance, policies examples, common errors, software demos), so that I don’t have to know about all the sources and locations for individual resources, or click through lots of menus in order to answer my question. (This would also apply to external review authors looking for Cochrane guidance)

Secondary user stories:
As a Cochrane author, editor or trainer, I want to be able to search for relevant MECIR standards, so I don’t have to scroll through all the MECIR documents looking for relevant text. (This was the original user story for this project).

As a Cochrane author with a question about methods, I want to be able to easily search for online resources so that I can resolve my question and continue working on my review, without having to wait for a response from an adviser or a training event.

As a trainer or CRG staff member involved in author support, I want to be able to find all the resources relevant to an author’s question at once, so I can easily refer them to online assistance without spending time tracking down the locations of all useful resources.

As the Cochrane Training Coordinator, I want trainers, methodologist and Cochrane policy setters to be able to easily submit new guidance or resources to a bank of training resources, so that I can clear their content and integrate them with other resources with a minimum of reprocessing & manual handling.

As a Cochrane website/software manager, I want to be able to easily integrate links to filtered guidance & training resources in appropriate places (e.g. CRG guidance for authors, RevMan guidance pane & its successors, Methods Group, Field, Cochrane Training site), so that I can tailor advice to my audience without setting up my own complex links & manually having to keep them up to date.

6 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service